Oaks Learning Manager
To support the mission of Seed to Oaks to empower every local church to help meet the educational needs of their community. The Oaks Learning Manager will advance and create educational opportunities for every local church to easily implement. The Oaks Learning Manager will seek churches and Christian non-profits that are eager to assess the educational needs of their community, as well as coach them through the process of the Oaks Learning program specific for each community’s needs.
Working within the framework of Seed to Oaks' established and proven processes, the Manager will translate objectives related to the local church's neighborhood engagement. The Oaks Learning Manager must embrace the belief that God has specifically chosen and equipped the Church to be an agent of restoration. The core activities of the position include selling Oaks Learning programs, relationship building, partnership development and maintenance, and coalition building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Development of Programs within Oaks Learning
- In a timely manner, manage and oversee all functions of Oaks Learning and planning activities, including, but not limited to:
- Initiate and maintain partnerships with various stakeholders such as churches, businesses, civic agencies, and volunteers.
- Create a proactive plan for robust, ongoing communication with churches and other stakeholders.
- Develop, write, and update Oaks Learning manuals, workbooks, policies, procedures, designations, and practices.
- Stay abreast of current educational research to inform program development and refinement.
- Write stories and/or newsletters highlighting Oaks Learning programs and events and/or educational subjects.
- Develop a Ministry Action Plan for each season in the liturgical calendar (3x year).
- Design, execute and support all Oaks Learning reporting and monitoring of performance metrics, with review by subject matter expert(s).
- Implement necessary steps to make adjustments indicated by the performance metrics.
Oaks Learning Training
- Develop user-friendly manuals, tools, and practical helps that consistently improve existing Oaks Learning programs and accelerate additional churches’ abilities to host Oaks Learning Programs.
- Explore the possibility and report on the Development of an Oaks Academy institute designed to equip churches to host Oaks Learning Programs:
- Ideally, these would be one-day classes, but should be designed to be flexible, depending upon the need of each individual church.
- Ensure all volunteers and support staff are fully trained to perform their assigned functions to achieve maximum proficiency and excellence.
Qualifications and Skills
- Member in good standing at a local church.
- Must have worked in an education environment.
- Experience working with or volunteering within a local church.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the Vision and Mission of Seed to Oaks.
- Demonstrated success developing and monitoring partnerships that involve high levels of collaboration.
- Demonstrated skill and resourcefulness for organizational and resource development, strategic planning, setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Excellent people skills with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
Type of Employment
- Expected hours, 15-20 hours a week
Those who are qualified, please email resume to:
Kathy Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org.