Business Development Representative - Reports to President
The Business Development Representative provides the leadership and management necessary to ensure that Seed to Oaks (STO) has the proper pipeline of churches, nonprofits, civic agencies and businesses in place to effectively grow STO and to ensure program strength and operating efficiency. The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for all communication to recruit, market and maintain all stakeholders.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for:
- Generating new revenue for (STO) through the onboarding of STO’s products and services, and by securing grants, sponsorships and other revenue sources.
- Securing new church, nonprofit and employer relationships in market(s) and/or networks.
- Creating 1 year and 5 year development strategy plans setting goals for Seed to Oaks’ new business and how those goals will be reached with a marketing strategy plan as part of the goals.
- All aspects of the relationship cycle including identifying new prospects for church programs, qualifying prospects, making program presentations, and securing the Memorandum of Understanding.
- Working in close partnership with STO’s program manager to ensure customer satisfaction, to retain client relationships, and to advance new strategic opportunities.
Initiative and Product Knowledge
- Must become knowledgeable to represent all STO’s initiatives and services through a relationship led/consultative approach.
- Research, identify, prepare, and solicit prospects for STO’s programs.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for new relationships with church, nonprofit, and
business partners for all STO’s products and services.
- Develop and nurture networks to build and maintain a pipeline of prospects.
- Create and present client proposals, product demos, and service-based webinars to
secure new church partners.
- Cultivate, solicit and manage a portfolio of prospects for STO’s services, grants and sponsorships.
- Consistently achieve or exceed business development targets.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships to ensure ongoing support, tracking all engagement in customer relationship management system.
- Ensure receipt, acknowledgement, reporting and stewardship of related sales communications for campaign and funds management contracts, grant and sponsorship donations.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to give input on new products, services, marketing materials, and to curate opportunities for institutional fundraising supports based on client feedback and market needs.
- Develop and execute Ministry Action Plans (3x per year) aligned with STO’s strategic goals for business development with measurable targets and outcomes.
- Execute plan within assigned budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain and submit all expenses within 30 business days.
- Provide timely reports within assigned deadline, including customer relationship
management reports in corporate database.
- Working with direct supervisor, mutually create and execute a personalized
professional development plan.
- Other initiatives as assigned.
- Must be a believer in Jesus Christ the Son of God
- Must be engaged with a local church on a regular/consistent basis
- Must have the ability to work with Churches, as well as businesses
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience as a Business Development Representative
- Experience prospecting and qualifying leads
- Exceptional Administrative skills and attention to detail
- Data Entry and experience working on a CRM
- Internal and External Communications: social media, press releases, newsletters, blogs
- Experience in facilitating workshops and public speaking
- Ability to work with teams and facilitate progress towards goal directed activities
- Demonstrated history of initiative and ability to work independently and in teams
- Experience in mentoring and coaching individuals
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain partnerships/relationships
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Microsoft office programs, Google Suite, design software, CRM and internet research
- Desire to complete tasks that have been started
- Understanding of family issues from psycho-social, economic and spiritual perspectives
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Type of Employment
Expected hours 40 hours/week
Qualified applicants, please email resume to Kathy Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities and tasks required for this role. Roles, responsibilities and tasks may be assigned, changed or removed at any time.